Talk to a debt counselor toll free:800-300-9550
Our Clients Rate Us Excellent
Based on 3234 reviewsTrustPilot Reviews
• Will they help your develop a plan to avoid future problems?
• What are your fees?
• Can you afford its fees?
• What are the different services you offer?
• What are the qualifications of your counselors? Are the accredited or certified by some outside organization? What is the training they receive?
• What if I can’t afford your fees?
• How do you keep my information secure?
• How are your employees compensated? Do they earn more if I sign-up for certain services or is it a flat fee?
Consider debt settlement
Debt settlement has become increasingly popular over the past few years because it represents the only way to get debts reduced, which can help a person become debt-free faster than the five years that are usually required to complete a debt management plan. Another advantage of debt settlement is that it doesn't require you to borrow more money. As the old adage goes, "you can't borrow your way out of debt."
Debt settlement will have an impact on your credit score but not as harsh a one as a bankruptcy. For example, most financial experts believe that a bankruptcy will lower your credit score by approximately 200 points but debt settlement will reduce it by only about 80 points.